><(({°>

archives
it happens mostly at night
24 May, 2004
# i'm getting rid of two of my wheels
i've decided to go two wheeled this summer, and possibly beyond. my car has some serious problems now, and i really don't feel like putting the money into repairing it. the gas tank leaks, and the lower link arm, basically an arm that helps connect the wheel to the car has somehow come free. i also need to get it inspected. my conclusion? well, last week was bike to work week and that i did, having been sick with over $2 per gallon gas prices. it just isn't worth it anymore. so, i biked to natick from allston - a 15 mile ride each way. and i realised i could do it. i wasn't bound to my car as badly as i thought i was. so now i've been biking on my 2001 Trek 1000 the last week or so to work. in the morning i bike downtown to back bay station, and take the commuter rail to natick, then bike to work. on the way back home i bike back to allston. when i get more in shape i'll bike both ways all the way. this will be tough, but worth it. as becky says, we'll both be hot by the end of the summer.

not having a car will suck for the consumers, though. i can't lug a 200 pound amplifier on a scooter with my bass. my bass i could bring though. either way, meh, i'm doing the right thing, however impractical it may be.
sounddoc
Comments:

Post a Comment